Please read the following carefully before you apply!
NOTICE: SLEA will be making some big changes on how grants are awarded!
This new way will insure grant artists have plenty of time to get their builds ready.
Starting in March 2023, all grant applications will be either granted or not granted within 2 weeks of applying. If a person is awarded a grant, they will immediately be given their grant date.
Timeline of a SLEA Grant (starting March 1st)
- Applicants can read the terms of getting a SLEA Grant and apply online at SLEArts.com.
- Application email is received by SLEA.
- Email response is sent to the applicant stating: “We have received their application and we will notify ASAP to let them know whether they did or did not receive a grant. If they have received a grant, they will be given the date of their grant at that time.” Applicants will also be contacted at this time in Second Life with this same message.
- The SLEA Team is told of any new application emails each week at our weekly meeting and are given one week to review the applications and decide if a grant is not granted or will be granted immediately. If we feel we need to see more from an applicant or some aspects are not clear to decide, more time might be needed. If granted, the SLEA Team will select a date for their grant on the SLEA Grant Spreadsheet and add their name.
- Each applicant will be told, after the SLEA meeting, whether they DID NOT receive a grant or they DID receive a grant. If they did receive a grant they will be told their official grant date
Grant applications will not be kept if they are not granted a grant.
- The “SLEA Current Grant” webpage shows the current grants spreadsheet so it will update immediately.
- If for some reason a grant artist is not capable of using their grant at the time that was assigned to them, they should inform their liaison or the SLEA coordinator. The grant will not be lost, but can be reassigned to a later launch. We urge you to report this timely, so the land will not be left idle for too long.
- When a grant is granted via email, it is mandatory that the person who applied for the grant reply to the email stating that they accept the terms and conditions on the SLEA Grant webpage.
Second Life Endowment for The Arts is a Second Life estate composed by 10 regions and managed by some volunteers in partnership with Linden Lab™. Having a Grant simply means that an artist can have space and resources to realize their artistic project for a predefined time frame when their proposal (sent through the Grant Application website form) is accepted.
SLEA is unique in that we are the only Linden Lab backed and granted galleries and art venues in Second Life. The artistic spaces here are granted to qualifying individuals who would like to participate in promoting the arts through the resident artists here in Second Life. Keeping this in mind, you will need to have an understanding that this space is granted to you and it is intended that you use your time here to promote your work, your galleries, and your venues. You must follow the Linden Labs’ TOS.
This grant opportunity is open to all skill levels of artists to learn, share and exhibit art created by the artists.
SLEA is based on a curative process which enables all artists the opportunity for a grant under some capacity.
In the event specific grant requests by the artist cannot be guaranteed, an alternative may be presented.
Contact Regi Yifu (secondlife:///app/agent/86761732-78d4-4bd6-8599-e09bad408684/about) with any questions.
We offer flexible time frames of 3-6 month Artist Grants. Full and half region grants get 6 months, quarter regions get 3 months. You must have the installation completed 1/2 way through your time frame or we will pass the grant on to other waiting artists. We realize RL circumstances can happen at any time. Please give careful consideration to your realistic ability to complete your grant. Please commit to the best of your ability to follow through as we have a long list of willing artists.
Grant applications are accepted year-round.
There are two launches per year. The duration of every SLEA Launch is always 6 months:
January 1 through June 30 and July 1 through December 31
Once a grant has been granted:
Grant Artist will be given access to their Grant Google Drive Folder.
We use Google Drive to make things easier for our artists to turn their posters and content in one centralized location.
Grant Posters for SLEA must be 1200 x 628 pixels and have the official SLEA logo.
Your works may not be sold here, but you may share links and landmarks to places where you may be commissioned or your art sold. The curator/ Liaison is there to help you with your setup needs, and to relay information from SLEA to you.
You must have a minimum of one organized special event as, for example, Grand Opening, Guest Musical Events, Performance, Activity, Class etc. Grant Artists MUST check the SLEA Calendar before you plan an event. Let us know at least one week in advance when you would like to have your event so your liaison can add it to the calendar. If the calendar is clear, your date will be added to the event calendar and we will send out notices to the SLEA group and social media. FYI: ONLY PERFORMERS i.e. DJ, HOST, or LIVE SINGERS can rez a tip jar.
Please keep in contact with your Liaison throughout your grant period.
IF YOU SUBMIT A GRANT APPLICATION AND DO NOT GET AN EMAIL REPLY AND AN IN WORLD CONFIRMATION THAT YOUR APPLICATION WAS RECEIVED WITH IN 1 WEEK, PLEASE CONTACT REGI YIFU
We also have micro grants available for Photography and 3D Sculptures.
Sky Gallery is for Photography Micro Grants for 2 months. Click here for more information on a Sky Gallery Micro Grant
360° ArtWalk is for 3D Sculpture Micro Grants for 3 months. Click here for more information on 360° ArtWalk Micro Grant.