In addition to the Linden Lab Terms of Service and the Community Standards, all participants and visitors to SLEA events must agree to abide by the SLEA Code of Conduct.
Complying with Second Life’s Terms of Service (TOS), Community Standards (CS), and Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA) are the foundation for all conduct in the Second Life® virtual world. All Residents of the Second Life world must abide by these wherever they are inworld.
Abuse Reports are the fundamental tool for reporting abuses of the TOS or CS. A detailed report must be filed to LL & SLEA Coordinator to be investigated before “just cause” is proven. Coordinators are exempt to any RL legal actions claims against them.
Residents will not be able to ban other Residents from public or shared spaces.
The Second Life Endowment for the Arts program is a partnership between Linden Lab™ and the participating residents of The Arts community in SL. and the SLEA Liaisons. However, All group participating residents are welcome and encouraged to enjoy and explore the SLEA Regions as well as offer suggestions and improvements to SLEA.
Linden Lab has the right to amend the terms of the governance document and the Code of Conduct at its discretion, but will always notify the coordinator 30 days ahead of any changes.
Except as noted below, advertising will not be permitted in public or shared areas. Advertisements are understood as personal objects used to advocate personal businesses or Regions.
- Chat or notecard spam
- Floating ads
- Vehicles piloted by scripted agents
- All graphics on display related to SLEA or collaborative art venue promotions should conform to the Mature standard. Ads for the event should not interfere with the event itself, and must be removed immediately after the event has finished.
- Advertisements on SLEA land must first be approved by the coordinator and are subject to review by Linden Lab.
- Promotions are understood to be objects used to inform all Second Life Residents of a current event. Event promotions should conform to the following rules and restrictions:
- All promotions on the regions of SLEA should include the official SL logo provided to all Grant Artists and available up on request.
- Promotions should be grounded to the terrain or floating on the water, not raised up above.(exceptions upon request)
- Promotions should extend no higher than 8m from the ground or water.(exceptions upon request)
- No rotating, no flashing content and no particles.
- No unsolicited dispensing of IMs, notecards, landmarks, or content.
- No light sources or glow (full bright is acceptable however).
- Promotion prims should be phantom.
- Promotions must be clearly General in nature.
- No sound and no temp-on-rez content.
- Any promotion on a robo-vehicle is not permitted, including those piloted by scripted agents.
- Any and all promotion must conform to all trademark regulations.
- Signage for the event (directional signs, informational signs, and notices to spectators) in general will follow these same guidelines.
- If a person or object threatens to disturb an event or an exhibition, event staff should follow the steps below:
- Notify by shout or IM that the Resident is disrupting the event. In private IM ask the resident to cease negative behavior.
- If the Resident does not comply, move closer to the Resident and repeat the message above. If moving to the Resident is not possible, repeat the warning in IM or by shout.
- If the Resident still does not reply, you are allowed to freeze the avatar in place.
- If you are unable to freeze the avatar and the avatar has ignored multiple requests, you may eject the avatar.
- Whenever you freeze or eject a Resident, you should follow up as soon as practical with:
- A note to the avatar explaining why the action was taken.
- A note in the avatar’s profile “My Notes” with the details of the incident in case you are abuse reported by the Resident in question. Photo documentation if possible.
- In the case of a clear griefing episode, file an Abuse Report (AR) for the avatar immediately, clearly noting that the griefing incident is taking place on SLEA land, and eject the avatar.
- Furthermore, the additional rules found on the page Sandbox page apply to all SLEA regions.
This text is derived from the original LEA files with some minor updates as of September 15, 2022.
Copyright Linden Research, Inc. All rights reserved.